Home » Terrorism/World

Geert Wilders Goes to Toronto, Canada

10 May 2011 16 Comments

Last night at the Canadian Christian College in Toronto, Canada, Geert Wilders, the president of the Freedom Party (PVV) in the Netherlands, spoke to a packed room to sound the alarm of Islamism rising in Europe and the West, and what that means for the future of the free world. Wilders does not call Islam, Islamism but in Canada there is a difference between Islam and Islamism. According to the human rights tribunals, the former is a religion, and the later an idelogy. It is considered hate speech to criticize Islam in Canada. Ask Mark Steyn and best selling author of Shakedown and host of “The Source” on the Sun TV News Network, Ezra Levant, who moderated the event, what can happen if you do.

“Speak the truth” Wilders repeated, “Speak the truth.”

Wilders warned the audience about the loss of freedom of speech and the growing influence of the United Nations Organization of the Islamic Conference. He suggested that Canada and Europe include an American-styled freedom of speech amendment to their laws.

Wilder’s reminded how 65 years ago Canadians were sent to battle to defeat Nazism to free Europe, to free the Netherlands. “And it would be an enormous insult to them if we Europeans would give up the precious freedom for another totalitarian ideology…” he said.

Previously the Dutch parliamentarian traveled widely throughout the Middle East. That changed in 2004 when his life was threatened by Muslim extremists. In 2008 he made and released a short documentary entitled Fitna which Wilders says shows how verses from the Koran are being used to incite modern Muslims to behave violently and anti-democratically. For the last seven years he lives under 24-hour police protection. He moves shadowed by bodyguards. He cannot sleep in the same place for two consecutive nights, yet there is no anger or bitterness in his voice, rather there is an thoughtfullness when he speaks, a desire to perhaps educate and inform. It is not only the West and Europe who Wilders wants to remain free but he wants to free the Muslims too. Wilders received a standing ovation.

Watch Geert Wilders in Canada

Part II

Part III

The invitation only event was sponsored by the Independent Free Press Society (IFPS- Canada and IFPS-USA). “The sole purpose of The International Free Press Society (IFPS) is to defend freedom of expression wherever and by whomever it is threatened.”

16 Responses to “Geert Wilders Goes to Toronto, Canada”

1. Stephanie says:

Video (44 min) 9th May 2011 on “Sun News Network” in Canada
    Ezra Levant interviews Geert Wilders

2. PAUL says:

GREAT!!!! to see Geert in Canada – only wish I could have seen him live – now lets only hope his message gets out to all Canadians who embrace freedom and do NOT want this vile ideology thrust down our throats…lets hope we get to see Pamela Geller, Robert Spencer, Mark Steyn etc, come to Toronto!…thank you Geert!

3. ro says:

Wilders is the Paul Revere of the 21st century. Those who love freedom would do well to listen to what he has to say.

4. morticia says:

Thanks for the videos, I looked all over, but Pam had this link,

Another modern day hero
    Too few
    Remarkable changes once elected
    Go Geert
    I cheered outloud to hear about the legislative changes
    If only our new gov can have a few courageous ones like you, but it is much more of a battle in Canada, so many brainwashed now from the education systems,
    Hope is really all we have, and those who see the outcoumes of allowing islam to have any rights in our modern free societies

5. ecks why says:

my 2 cents about islam & it’s followers…
    ==========

islam is a horrible ideology for human rights

5 key things about islam

1. mythical beliefs – all religions have these (faith) because its part of being a religion: having beliefs without proof until after the believer dies. the problem is people will believe almost anything.

2. totalitarianism – islam has no seperation of church and state: sharia law governs all. there is no free will in islam: only submission to the will of allah as conveniently determined by the imams who spew vapors to feather their own nests. there are no moderate muslims: they all support sharia law.

3. violence – islam leads the pack of all religions in violent tenets for their ideology & history: having eternal canonical imperatives for supremacy at all costs and calling for violence & intimidation as basic tools to achieve these goals.

4. dishonesty – only islam has dishonesty as a fundamental tenet: this stems from allah speaking to mohamhead & abrogation in the koran which is used to explain how mo’s peaceful early life was superseded by his warlord role later.

5. misogyny – present day islam is still rooted in 8th century social ethics: treating females as property of men good only for children, severely limiting their activities, dressing them in shower curtains and worse.

conclusions ??

there really are NO redeeming qualities for this muddled pile of propaganda.

islam is just another fascist totalitarian ideology used by power hungry fanatics on yet another quest for worldwide domination and includes all the usual human rights abuses & suppression of freedoms.

graphics version

1 page pdf version – do file/download 6kb viewer doesn’t show fonts well

6. ruth says:

Mohammed said allah does the killing…[8.17] So you did not slay them, but it was Allah Who slew them, and you did not smite when you smote (the enemy), but it was Allah Who smote, and that He might confer upon the believers a good gift from Himself; surely Allah is Hearing, Knowing.

Koran says Allah is a killer, a liar and a deceiver.. sounds like satan to me..

7. ruth says:

THANK THE REAL GOD FOR GEERT WILDERS.. YOU GO!!! GUY…

8. [...] READ THE REST HERE and see Part II and III of Geert’s extraordinary speech. [...]

9. Geert Wilders is such a very brave man! Americans need to listen to him, especially when he says “Don’t Be Afraid!” I pray that God keeps him safe! Great post Marinka, thank you!

10. Michael says:

Maybe this will help to understand who he really is:

In the Dutch news todays news:

Freedom Party (Wilders) into disrepute by NSB flag to be seen behind a window in the House of Parliament Wednesday, May 11 2011 9:54

A flag that was used by the NSB could clearly be seen behind th window of one of the workspaces of the PVV in the part of the House where the PVV resides. This has caused quite some controversy. The controversial Prince Flag, orange, white and blue, hanging in the windows of a chamber of the Freedom Party, clearly visible from the central hall of parliament.

At the site above you can see the evidence of the flag hanig in the windows of the PVV

The Prince Flag is based on the livery colors (the outfit) of the Flag of Prince William I of Orange-Nassau, hence the name. These are orange, white and blue, also called white and orange-blue.

The newspaper (it was first noticed by another newspaper and then everybody wrote about it)) writes that as evidence they publish a picture of the flag, which hangs behind two windows of the PVV Department. The party denied Wednesday that the flag ever hung in the fraction of the party room. MP Karen Gerbrands said that this morning on Radio 1: “That flag is not in our group room, and isn’t hanging elsewhere too.

“PVV MP Hero Brinkman (second man behind Wilders) wrote on twitter that there really hung flags but that they are removed now. ‘The history of he prince flag is beautiful, about heroic battles (far before WW II) E. g Michiel De Ruyter, Piet Hein, (both ancient sea heroes) but unfortunately contaminated by NSB’, he said. Well that flags are removed, “said Brinkman.

The-orange-white-blue flag was in the thirties of the last century by the NSB annexed as nationalist (Nazi!) symbol in Holland. The Government in WW II seated in London England, thought that to be that hurting to Dutch feelings, that PM Colijn and Queen Wilhelmina in 1937 decided that henceforth the official Dutch flag would be red, white and blue. De Princes Flag has only been used since then in radical right-wing circles.

By Arne Hankel

Maybe it is worth mentioning that the “freedom” party of Mr Wilders is NOT a democratic party, every member has to say what he wants them to say. There is a lot of rumor about that already, because that kind of party is not worthy being part of the Dutch party system.

I advice the ones who invited him to take care in the future who they invite A background check might be in place. I do not totally agree with that what happens in our country and in the rest of Europe, but the way Mr Wilders describes it is hateful, not true, not based on facts and misleading you.
    He makes the gap between Muslim and non Muslim in our country bigger then it ever was. Most Muslims over here oppose the violence, only a very small group makes a lot of noise and gives the wrong idea about what is really happening.

On the moment he is involved in a trial, in person, This trial is about whether what he says again and again, among other things that Islam is an ideology, which it isn’t, whether that is hate speech or not. As is stated in your written comment as well. I can’t explain in detail what the trial is about, I think when one googles there is enough about it. Can you imagine a member of parliament being involved in a trial concerning these basic matters? I am ashamed for my country that this can happen.

So he is thankful, emotional even, about what the Canadian have done for his country, well I am too, but I do not walk around with that fag filled with hatred.

To make you understand even better, he is NOT a member of the government, he is that “smart” that he maneuvered himself in such a position that they have to listen to him, but he is just a member of parliament, nothing less, nothing more.
    Quote: He offered facts and statistics of Islamism’s increasing role in Europe. He discussed recent parliamentary successes he achieved in the Netherlands; including immigration reforms, and stripping criminals with dual citizenship of their Dutch citizenship and deporting them. /Quote

The Quote above; the facts he mentioned I’d like to see, because the facts I know he spreads around are often beside the truth, or just lies. He once said he wanted to deport a certain number of Muslims out of Europe. That number he mentioned…. that many Muslims didn’t then and don’t now live in the whole of Europe, unless maybe when you count Turkey in….I think he has not that much influence in Turkey.

The immigration reforms he mentions, stripping criminals with dual citizenship of their Dutch citizenship and deporting them, is constitutional impossible, it is against the basic right of every Dutch citizen. So maybe we could call his a pertinent lie? He did not achieve this and he never will.
    Even worse; in his own party, in the parliament, there is a member with two citizenships, of which he is that opposed, the government he supports have two ministers with a dual citizenship! I do not say I quite agree with that, I only mention facts not my own opinion.
    I could tell much much more, but I think I made my point.

When you need someone to speak truthfully about the situation in Europe I know a Lady who is truthful, she is bringing people together instead of dividing them. It is wise and good to bring the subject up, but not with this man. That is my opinion!

Michael

11. Bart says:

Well Michael,

I see you are skeptical about Wilders and his party. That’s good. Although I do not agree with some of their policies, I do think Wilders and his party are brave to tackle this issue.

You say that criminals with duable citizenship cannot be expelled? Well, thanks to the atrocity called EU they can’t. And you’re right: this regulation isn’t establishled in our constitution, so Wilders well…lied. Don’t you exaggerate sometimes just to impress some people? I don not excuse Wilders from it, but hey…is it such a crime?

This business about the Nassau-flag? Well, opponents of the PVV will take anything they can get their hands on to discredit the party. It’s realy sad, isn’t it? Ofcourse, the NSB has poisoned the flag, so I do not think it was very wise to put those flags up there. Why not just the normal flag (red, white and blue)? It isn’t very clever of them, but than again…is this a crime?

About the party not being democratic? So what? People choose volantarily to become a member, they don’t have to. The voters of the party have every freedom to do so. Ultimately, it is a matter of intern debate and doesn’t do abny damage to democratic principle as a political tool.

The fact that he is on trial is shameful? Eh…I don’t follow you. People (radical left and islamist groups) have charged him with hate speech and discrimination of minorities and defamation of religion. The whole trial is ludicrous, basically, but…people have the right to sew. THe fact that Wilders speaks his mind should only be encouraged. In my opinion: you can say anything except: direct threats, calling for violence or discriminatory behavior or deliberately lying. That’s it! Instead of putting Wilders to trial they should send those people charging him to a training such as: how to deal with criticism. This trial is just an outrage!

Oh yeah, you say it is inflammatory to speak only of Islam and no make the distinction between islamism and islam or political islam. And you can’t say Islam is an ideology? Well, let me tell you: every religion is an ideology!!! Not every ideology is a religion! Is Islam a religion? Certainly, for about 50 percent or so. The rest is just political (and socio-economical and militairy). Islam is a whole socio-economic political system. Can you call it fascist? Certainly! But according to you this would be discriminatory? Please, do your homework and compare Islam with Nazism and Communism. There are a whole lot of similarities, you know.

So, are all muslims like that? Ofcourse not! But the islamists hold a stronger position, because they are backed up by the islamic doctrines. Eh…what do you call peiople who take their religion seriously and literally? Ah yes…orthodox. Islamism is just orthodox Islam. Strange, you never hear this term, but when we speak of violence committed by Christians we call them instantly very devout Christians or indead fundamental or orthodox Christian. You see how quickly we link Christianity with violence when CHristians are the perpetrators? How come the media, islamists and leftwing politicians refuse to combine violence with Islam as a whole? Why the distinction between radical and so called moderate islam. In my opinion: when something is called moderate and that’s a good thing, than there must be something wrong with the foundations of that believe, don’t you agree?

Finally, the notion that the rhetoric of Wilders does so much harm to the muslim community or indeed the harmony in one’s society is ludicrous. There needs to be some real pressure on the muslimcommunity (and indeed our help also, ofcourse), to invoke the people to stand up in their own community and do something about it. Real change does not come about in itself, it always comes when someone is forced to. So the rhetoric of Wilders and people like him is a good thing, as long as it don’t become discriminatory or stirring up of violence. And that my friend, is certainly not the case!

12. Bart says:

I’m Dutch and I can tell you: there is a large smear campaign on him from islamists and the left. It realy is ridiculous: all they have is ad hominem attacks, namecalling etc. No one realy debates the issues that the PVV raises. I admit, I certainly do not agree with all the proposals of Wilders, I do think the issue of radical islam is the most important for us today. I vote PVV just because of that.

Without exaggerating, I think the more islam you get in a country, the more it will dominate. You can see it all over the world: Nigeria, Indonesia and certainly Lebanon. It always starts small, but it grows and grows. I always wondered what it is that makes muslims so distant and arrogant. I know that sounds discriminatory but let me explain. There are muslims who are doing there own thing, make a living, abide by the laws and that’s fine. The problem is: because they blend in, you don’t hear from them or of them. The ones who are forcing their religion and ideology in your face and into society are the ones that get attention. Unfortunately, the latter ones are becoming more dominant in the Netherlands, along with countless of apolegists from the left.

You know, I used to be a liberal. I thought that everyone should get along and that when you are nice to people this would happen. Boy, have I learned the last ten years or so. I’ve experienced that there are people who really think totally different than I do. I mean, people of all kinds. The ones that stand out, however, are devout muslims. Here in the Netherlands we have a real issue concerning the head scarf of women. Personally I don’t care what you wear in your own time or on the street. However, as we are experiencing here, certainly in the larger cities, more and more women wear headscarfs and even burqa’s. It’s not only getting annoying, but dangerous as well. In parts of the large cities women who don’t wear veils are sometimes being harrassed. The same is true for Jews and gays. So, it is a serious problem that should be delt with properly and fiercely. I’m for a total ban of the head scarf in government institutions. When you say this the islamists and the Left cry murder, but more and more people are seeing through these tactics. I’m a secularist and I find the seperation between religion and state one of the most important pillars of our democracy. On a talkshow here I heard some female islam apologist say that instead of an atheist secularism we should have a pluriform secularism. I don’t think she gets the notion of secularism: the whole point is, that the state is neutral! Leftists think that when you leave out religion it is automatically atheistic. It’s not, you morons. When you’re an atheist, doesn’t mean you’re neutral, because you take a position! Secular means not only without religion, but without any ideology or viewpoint that interferes with the neutrality of the state.

Last but not least: I miss the women’s voice in this matter. Where are all the feminists who cried murder when it came to abortionrights, equal rights and what not? Why do I not see many women hording the streets in protest of honour killings, the beating of wives, the stoning of adulterers or female mutilation? Instead we see in Italy a massive protest against the sex life of Berlusconi? I think some women have lost all common sense.

So I was pleasantly surprised to see that many women responded to the speech of Wilders, assuming that the women names are not pseudonisms. I’m glad you take interest in this issue, which I think is the most important today. I hope Canada will recognize the threat soon and do something about it. In the meantime, I hope you can get people together and talk about this islamisation. Don’t let people who call you racist, bigot or whatever get to you, because you know you aren’t. When people start evading the real topics, you know they have no answer.

13. [...] Part II and Part III are here. [...]

14. [...] Geert Wilders Toronto Canada 5-9-2011 Part I Part II and Part III are here. [...]

15. I envy your work , regards for all the good blog posts.